- Why PEI Potatoes
- Appetizers and Snacks
- Bread and Sweet Treats
- Comfort Food
- Cooking for One
- Entertaining and Holidays
- Fast Weeknight Meals
- Homegrown Recipes
- Kid Friendly
- Main Dishes
- Side Dishes
- Soups, Stews and Chowders
- Summer Grilling
- World Flavours
- PEI Potato Industry
- Contact Us
- Media Centre
PEI Potato Croquettes
Great for dipping, either as an appetizer or on the side!
Prep Time & Yield
|2 cups (500 ml)||Mashed PEI Yukon Gold Potatoes, cold|
|1/2 cup (125 ml)||All Purpose Flour|
|2||Eggs, lightly beaten|
|3/4 cup (188 ml)||Panko Crumbs|
|3 tbsp (45 ml)||Vegetable Oil|
|to taste||Salt and Pepper|
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. Portion cold mashed potatoes into 12 logs approximately 2 inches long.
3. Place flour, lightly beaten eggs and panko crumbs into three separate dishes .
4. Season each dish with salt & pepper.
5. Start by dipping the potato logs into the flour; coating all sides.
6. Dunk into the eggs and follow with the panko crumbs; ensuring all sides have an even layer of breading.
7. Heat a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat; add oil.
8. Place four of the croquettes into the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes per side, until all four sides are golden brown and crispy.
9. Place onto a baking sheet, and continue cooking the remaining croquettes.
10. Place baking sheet in oven and cook until croquettes are heated through; approximately 10 minutes.
11. Remove from oven and serve immediately.
Chef’s Tips :
• Mashed potatoes can be flavoured with roasted garlic, caramelized onions or chopped herbs.
• Serve croquettes with your favourite dipping sauce.