- Why PEI Potatoes
- Appetizers and Snacks
- Bread and Sweet Treats
- Comfort Food
- Cooking for One
- Entertaining and Holidays
- Fast Weeknight Meals
- Homegrown Recipes
- Kid Friendly
- Main Dishes
- Side Dishes
- Soups, Stews and Chowders
- Summer Grilling
- World Flavours
- PEI Potato Industry
- Contact Us
- Media Centre
PEI Potato Pizza
A unique twist on the traditional pizza, with PEI Potatoes!
Prep Time & Yield
Prep Time: 40 mins
|1 medium||PEI Yukon Gold Potato, sliced|
|1.5 lbs (681 g)||Pizza Dough, uncooked|
|1/4 cup (50 ml)||Olive Oil|
|2||Garlic Cloves, minced|
|1 sprig||Fresh Rosemary, stem removed & chopped|
|2 cups (500 ml)||Mozzarella Cheese, grated|
|to taste||Salt & Pepper|
1. Preheat oven to 400oF. Roll out pizza dough into a large circle and place on a greased pizza pan.
2. Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil; blanch potato slices for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
3. Remove potatoes from boiling water and place into a bowl of cold water to stop cooking.
4. Brush the pizza dough with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic and rosemary.
5. Place potato slices in a single layer over the surface of the pizza; season with salt & pepper.
6. Top with mozzarella cheese and bake until crust is golden and cheese is bubbly, approximately 20-25 minutes. Serve immediately.
• Fresh rosemary can be replaced with 1 tsp dried rosemary.
• If desired, add roasted chicken or crumbled sausage meat before baking.